Prep time: 5 minutes, Cooking time: 10 hours
- 9 pieces of chicken tenderloins
- 5 slices of a medium onion, chopped fine
- 15 oz can plain tomato sauce
- 2 packets of salt free taco seasoning
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Taco shells (we used whole grain to keep it clean, but you can use favorite hard or soft shell)
Any toppings you wish, i.e.:
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh salsa
- Greek yogurt
- Romaine lettuce
Drizzle some EVOO in a frying pan, fry each side of the chicken for 2 minutes, transferring to crockpot.
Before leaving for work, turn the crockpot on low for 10 hours. Once you get home from work, get a fork and shred the chicken (this should happen very easily). Throw two packets of the taco seasoning into the mixture and add just a little bit of water and mix with fork. We always work out right before dinner, so the chicken really gets the time to absorb all the flavors. That’s it folks, by far the easiest and most tastiest dinner ever! Grab your favorite shells and toppings, and dinner is served!!